Children's University at Millstead school
At Millstead School we run up to 35 lunchtimes clubs each week. This ranges from pamper club, lego club to singing and dance club. Each time a child attends a club of their choice, they earn Children's University 'credits'.
At the end of the year these credits are totalled up and children will attend a graduation ceremony. They get to wear a cap and gown and family and friends are invited to the special ceremony to help them to celebrate. :)
What is Children's University?
Children’s University is a charity that works in partnership with schools to develop a love of learning in children. This is done by encouraging and celebrating participation in extra-curricular activities in and outside of school.
For every child that takes part in Children’s University, we want the following outcomes:
- They feel they have grown in confidence and self-belief
- They have enjoyed new experiences, in new places and want to keep exploring
- They believe they have a broader range of essential skills
- They feel empowered to make positive choices about their future
- They see learning that is fun, aspirational and lifelong
- They feel their eyes have been opened to a multiplicity of learning activities and opportunities
- They feel celebrated for their commitment to learning by their family, school and community